Saturday 11 August 2012

Volunteer Games Makers army rules!

It's hard to believe its my final night in London Town, as tomorrow will be my last shift on the Olympic Park.  Saddened at the thought of leaving the Olympic bubble that I've been living in over the last two and half weeks!  What's making it even worse is that I have made some great friendships with a fantastic bunch of volunteer Games Makers.  We laughed, some cried, our feet ached, so did our legs but ultimately we made the best of this amazing situation!  Not only have I met volunteers from all over the UK, but from many European countries as well.  I've forged some great friendships, already taken contact details as there is talk of a reunion next Summer!

The publicity in the press and media has been overwhelming, it has helped motivate the volunteers more than ever.  I never expected that such a huge bunch of volunteers would make a great impact on the spectator experience!  Some links below, highlighting just how great we have been:


We certainly have made the games exceptional, hosted the world and exceeded all expectations.  My Games Maker family will be missed greatly :(  A couple of pics below, which just captures the whole essence of some of the crazy but wonderful volunteers that I've had the pleasure to work with!



No comments:

Post a Comment