Monday 13 August 2012

Adios, auf wiedersehen, au revoir for now!

So the 30th Olympiad had finally come to an end.  From the winning bid to years of prep, months and weeks of training, I've completed my final shift, arrived home, saddened that the Olympic bubble that I have been living in has finally burst, but all good things must come to an inevitable end!

I've met some realy truly amazing volunteer Games Makers, seen spectators from all over the world and still can not believe I helped to host the greatest show on earth.  What a show it was!  Team GB securing more gold medals than we ever thought was possible, what a party the opening and closing ceremonies where!  So so many memories, so many smiles, great experiences, many many favourite and special moments, which will live with me forever.  Feeling rather down now and missing the day to day activity of the Olympic Park I am finding it hard to complete this blog entry!

As a way to compensate, my thoughts are already turning towards my next adventure - maybe the Glasgow commonwealth games in 2014, perhaps Sochi Winter games in 2014 or even Rio in 2016 - decisions, decisions!!!

Friendships are born on the field of athletic strife and are the real gold of competition. Awards become corroded, friends gather no dust.
We will never forget the smiles, the kindness and the support of the wonderful volunteers (Jacques Rogge, President of the International Olympic Committee)

No comments:

Post a Comment