Monday 4 June 2012

Venue specific training date - at last!

Woohoo, as the Olympic torch relay makes it's way around the country, I finally have my venue specific training date!  This is the final chapter in my training for becoming an Olympic volunteer.  The next time will be my first shift at games times, unbelievable how fast the time is going.

So, with just over fifty days remaining until games time I will paying my final visit to the Olympic Park on Saturday 7th July!  This will be the only time I get to reccy not only the venue I will be working in but also the surrounding park, now that all the construction, landscaping and sculptures are complete.

So here is my main base for Summer, jealous, course you are!!!


This is one of the most awesome structures based on the Olympic Park and I think one of the most unique and attractive ones at that.  I can not wait to revisit this and the Olympic Park again in a few weeks, with unrestricted access!

So let's take a look at the entire Olympic Park, as it stands today here.  As you can see the park is enormous and there is more than enough to see and do.  Don't forget you can visit the park by purchasing an Olympic Park day pass here

An Olympic Park day pass allows you to see any sport in the Olympic Park, other than Athletics, Cycling or Swimming and some finals. Day passes allow you general admission entry to sports on a first come, first served basis and are subject to availability.

No comments:

Post a Comment