Tuesday 19 June 2012

Publicity shots in my Olympic uniform!

Woohoo, spent the morning around the University of Nottingham campus, in particularly the swimming pool, taking publicity shots in my Olympic uniform.  Met the photographer at 8.15am and got straight to work, snapping pics outside the swimming pool.  Luckily the sun was shining and I didn't need to use my Olympic branded umbrella, let's hope it's the same for games time hey.  After several outside shots I was getting tired of trying to smile, now know what it feels like to do this for a living!  It became painful after a while to keep smiling but somehow I managed it :)










 

It was time to go inside to get some indoor pics.  I heard the announcement over radio to the lifeguards informing them of what we was going on and to let swimmers know, just in case they asked.  It was quite warm inside and a great opportunity to test out my uniform in similar conditions to that of the Aquatics Centre. Again, walking around the pool, posing and smiling - couldn't do this for a living, it's hard work to have a continuous smile on my face!







The pictures are to be used to promote Olympics and the University of Nottingham, as we have several current and former students who are competing as athletes, as well as a handful of staff taking part in the Olympics as volunteers!

No comments:

Post a Comment