Saturday 14 July 2012

Just over a week to go & counting........

Time seems to be flying by now at lightening speed and it's unbelievable that in just over a week I will be heading into London town to be part of the greatest show on earth - I can not freaking wait!!!  Some volunteers have already begun their shifts, in particular at Heathrow Airport and at the Olympic Village, welcoming the world to the greatest show on earth.


Almost ready to welcome the world!

Prior to any of my shifts starting I am a little busy soaking up the Olympic games time atmosphere with a few activities:

  • I will be attending a technical rehearsal for the opening ceremony on the Olympic Park
  • Will be going to a concert in Hyde Park, to welcome the final leg of the Olympic Torch Relay
  • Will be watching the opening ceremony live in Victoria Park with fellow volunteers 
  • Finally, it'll be games time and my shifts will begin
WOW, talk about over excited, games time is going to be absolutely awesome :) Oh, I nearly forgot, I might be involved in an impromptu flash mob, may post the video if it's any good, watch this space!!!


I may be a little busy :)

My wife and kids have booked day tickets to come onto the Olympic Park for the day, which means they can meet me after one of my shifts.  It will be quite surreal to meet them half way through my shifts, on the Olympic Park, but something to look forward to, as I will be missing my babies loads :( 

So this is my final weekend off with the family, as next weekend will be checking all my paperwork, accreditation, packing etc etc, ready to leave for the Olympics woohoo.  London - bring on the games!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment