Saturday 28 July 2012

30th Olympiad has finally begun!

What an emotional and amazing opening ceremony!  I am still exhausted from last night and woke thinking did it really happen, was I there, was it a dream, after all the waiting the games of the 30th Olympiad have finally begun!

The atmosphere in London Town was absolutely electric, carnival like wherever I ventured yesterday.  To add to this the sun has not stopped shining since I arrived - I guess I brought it with me from Nottingham!

The countdown to 9pm, the start of the opening ceremony seemed like an eternity!  When it did finally arrive the world certainly new about it.  I won't describe the opening ceremony in great detail, as the viewing figures speak for themselves.  My favourite part of the entire opening ceremony was when the Olympic rings came together in mid air, during the Industrial Revolution segment of the performance.  The music, the smoke, the noise, the atmosphere - what an amazing show piece of the opening ceremony!  I want to re-live that moment again and again, was an awesome spectacle.  Well you can via the video link here.  One of the best nights of my life, the memories will stay with me forever!  Danny Boyle certainly did us proud, how everything came together on the night is beyond me. 

I managed to take a selection of pics from the opening ceremony, which can be viewed via my Facebook page here.  One of the best image from the night can be seen below, what a sight!

Check out the miniature athletes!





























An early night for me tonight as I have a 4am alarm call in the morning, my first shift starts at 7am.  Am I excited, oh yes, ready and waiting to finally put into practise what I have been learning over the last few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment