Sunday 5 February 2012

Key dates on the road to becoming an Olympic volunteer!

To set the scene, I have been selected as an Olympic volunteer to help at the Aquatics Centre for London 2012.  This is my journey so far......

  • 10 June 2011 - online application completed and sent, fingers crossed I get an interview and I am successful
  • 20th July 2011 - Interviewed at the O2 Arena to be part of the Event Services Team, the whole arena was buzzing and this was my first experience of Olympic fever
  • 21st Sept 2011 - get in, have been offered the role as a volunteer in the Aquatics Centre!
  • 25th Nov 2011 - found out I will be working at the London 2012 diving event in Feb 2012, in preparation for the the Olympics.  My first hands on experience of what it'll be like before the Olympics kick in!
  • 1st Dec 2011 - sign up for orientation training
  • 6th Jan 2012 - sign up for London 2012 diving event in Feb 2012
  • 1st Feb 2012 - shifts allocated for diving test event, will be working for 3 days at the diving event  
It's almost a year since I submitted my initial application and soon I will be starting my role as an Olympic volunteer - bring it on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment